If you are caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia you understand that it is sometimes difficult to find activities for them to do to help occupy their time. This can be especially true if your loved one has difficulty staying in one place for very long.
Creating an Alzheimer’s Apron is a fun activity for both you and your loved one. First, involve them in choosing the color apron they like the best. After you have helped them pick out the color, the fun really begins.
When you are working on the apron together, there are several things that you can incorporate onto the apron:
- A clear pocket for a picture of a family, pet, or something that they loved. This is a great way for them to be able to look at a comforting picture while wearing their apron.
- A large zipper with a large pull-hole. This will be fun for them to be pulling and zipping up and down.
- Sew some large bright things onto their new apron. This can be fun for them to look at and feel.
- Attach a large pocket made of a material that they will enjoy feeling and touching. This will also allow them to store objects and things that they like and enjoy.
- Customize their aprons based on your loved ones’ interests.
The Alzheimer’s apron is a great way to help your loved ones stay stimulated and help families and caregivers with assistance. We hope you decide to create an Alzheimer’s Apron with your loved one…it could really brighten their day!
Enriched Life Home Care Services | www.ELHCS.com